Friday, September 23, 2005

I'm an amateur, stand-by sheepdog

Hosting provided by FotoTime
I'm sure you've all read something by Bill Whittle at Eject!Eject!Eject! Heck, you may have even bought his book. Regardless, you should ALL go read his September 5th essay, titled "Tribes". It's a long read, but make the time to get through it. If you do, you'll realize why I say I'm an amateur, stand-by sheepdog, and you'll understand why somedays I'm Pink, and other days, I'm Grey. My guess is, so are most of you too.

Here's an excerpt for you:

Now this next point is so obvious, so simple and so self-evident that there is no way the deep thinkers of the far left will possibly be able to see it.

Lets not talk about Black and White tribes. I know too many pathetic, hateful, racists and more decent, capable and kind people of both colors for that to make any sense at all. Do you not? Do you not know corrupt, ignorant, violent people, both black and white, to cure you of this elementary idiocy? Have you not met and talked and laughed with people who were funny, decent, upright, honest and honorable of every shade so that the very idea of racial politics should just seem like a desperate and divisive and just plain evil tactic to hold power?

If such a thing is not self-evident to you, please get off my property. Right now. I should tell you I own a gun and I know how to use it. I assure you that the pleasure I would take in shooting you would be temporary, minimal, and deeply regretted later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home