Friday, December 28, 2007

AWOL

yep.
I've been AWOL from my blog. I haven't posted in over a MONTH. Holy shit. I think that's a record. Not even so much as a "Hey- I'm still here, just really busy with that thing called LIFE." sorry folks- that is, if there ARE any folks left around here!

Anywhooo....
LIFE has been kicking my ASS for the past two months. I've logged well over 2,000 POV miles for work, plus flew to Nashville for an overnight trip in the middle of BFT (bum fuck Tennessee). No lie- I had to drive another 2 1/2 hours AFTER landing. Since I'm in the retirement business, the end of the year is a killer. So many plans have 1/1 enrollments, and they all want/need enrollment meetings for newly eligibles- not to mention new plans rolling out 1/1. I let out a HUGE sigh of relief last Thursday when my last trip for 3 weeks came to an end. WHAAAHOOOOOO!

Christmas was crazy-fun. Keith was here, and we had the boys all week. Translation: the house is once again trashed. haha. My brother and his girlfriend came over on Christmas Day, which is significant because I've been in this house for almost 2 years now and this is the first time my brother has been over here. He has a huge problem with my divorce and the activities surrounding it, so we've had a very rocky relationship for a couple of years now. I fully credit his girlfriend with bringing him around and getting him to ease up- and I'm eternally grateful to her for it.

My cousin, CW2 Wade, is still deployed in Iraq, and will be for another 7 months or so. She just moved and likes the new base much more than the old one. She says that the chow hall is much better than the old one. I've sent her a few care packages since her deployment, and so have a lot of my "Church Lady" friends. I can't even begin to tell you how much it means to me, my cousin, and her Mom & sister to know that my friends have been showing her so much love!

My friend Karen's son is also deployed in Iraq. Ryan is an MP, and, much to Karen's delight, was "bored" the first couple of months he was there. WHOO HOO! We like "boring" wars when our loved ones are involved. haha... When Ryan gets back, he'll have a housefull- his fiancee is expecting TWINS in the spring! Ryan's SUCH a good big brother, I know he'll be an awesome Dad! His little sisters are only 6 and 16, so he's had a lot of practice. Since Ryan is gorgeous, and so is his fiancee... those are gonna be some BEE-YOOUUU-TEEE-FULL babies!!!

OK, so much for the personal stuff. Now for the blog stuff.
1. Bhutto's DEAD. This scares the living shit out of me. To lose a friend in a nuclear, volatile country is a huge hit to our foreign policy. Early reports said she was killed by either shrapnel or gunshots to the head, not the explosion... now the official report is that she cracked her skull on the sunroof. I don't know what to believe, but I do believe this is going to send Pakistan into a tailspin. Much violence to follow.

2. Petraeus thanks the troops for their 2007 accomplishments, reminding them that "In places like Ramadi, Baqubah, Arab Jabour, and Baghdad, you and our Iraqi brothers fought—often house by house, block by block, and neighborhood by neighborhood—to wrest sanctuaries away from Al Qaeda-Iraq, to disrupt extremist militia elements, and to rid the streets of mafia-like criminals. Having cleared areas, you worked with Iraqis to retain them—establishing outposts in the areas we were securing, developing Iraqi Security Forces, and empowering locals to help our efforts."

3. What in the HELL would drive a woman and her boyfriend to kill her parents and her entire brother's family, including two little children, on CHRISTMAS EVE???? Good Lord. Such a tragedy.

And.. that's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home