Sunday, December 30, 2007

Model Parenting

The mother of a 6-year-old girl admitted to lying in an essay contest in order to win Hannah Montana tickets.
The lie? "My daddy died this year in Iraq".

The mother's excuse? "We did whatever we could do to win."

The sponsor of the contest is "considering" taking the tickets from her. WTF? They're only "considering" it????? The entire prize package included a makeover, airfare for four to Albany, NY, and four tickets to the sold-out Hannah Montana concert on January 9. It wasn't until after the makeover was completed that officials discovered that there is no record of a Sgt. Jonathon Menjivar, the name given as the deceased father, dying in Iraq.

If it was up to me, I'd prosecute the HELL out of the mother for fraud. What a crock of SHIT. I wonder if the little girl even knows her mother did this, or if the mother has taught her daughter that "winning at all costs" is the way you play the game.

Thoroughly disgusting.

I'd read about this earlier this weekend, and then Leta email'd me about it with the title "And our nation slips further into the bowels of hell"... and she got it from on of her boys in Iraq. Yep. The story has made it all the way to Iraq (on the internet, I'm sure), but I've yet to hear one peep about it in national television news. I guess lying about a dead soldier is OK with them.

Bastards... ALL of them. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home