Thursday, May 19, 2005

Get 'em Currie!

I've been involved in several discussions about women in combat, both on ALa's and at the Castle. Many compelling arguments have been made- on both sides of the coin. Now there is a bill before Congress which could possibly take this decision out of the hands of the US military and put it in the hands of politicians. How stupid is that? Politicians dictating who can hold a gun or a job- just because of their gender? Isn't that a blatant violation of the ERA?

I understand both sides of the argument- I really do- but I still feel that women should be given the SAME opportunities as men to put themselves in harm's way. If you're going to join the military- be prepared to fight. Even if you never fire your weapon in combat- you must be prepared to fight. In this day and age of not really having a "front line", anyone and everyone is in danger of being injured or killed while deployed.

Enough of me- Currie says it all for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home