Saturday, April 15, 2006

It was the best of times.... and the worst

Many months ago, I started looking for a new house, because I knew I would have to move once the divorce was finalize. Much to my suprise, I found the perfect house about two months ago, made a bid, and it was accepted. I was pre-approved for my loan, so I really didn't think there would be any problems.

Boy, was I wrong.

I was supposed to close yesterday at 10am. Sears was supposed to be out with new appliances. The phone company was scheduled for today. None of it happened.

Between 3:30 and 5 on Thursday, the lender pulled a fast one on me and has really messed up my loan. They're messing with me, and I'm not going down quietly. I WILL get that house... just not as soon as I had thought, and not under the terms I had agreed to.

I'm pissed, and I'm sad, and I'm stuck- there's not much I can do about it if I want to keep the house. If anyone knows anything about real estate law, I'd appreciate an email or comment.

Now, the whole day wasn't a complete loss. I did get a HUGE laugh out of my son, Kevin, and discovered the local airport down the road is host to the Tri-State Warbird Museum. We're going to the museum later today, so I'll have pictures to share. Now, for the laugh.

We were in the car yesterday, and Kevin asked me to play the "Jiggy" song. HUH? We were listening to a Disney CD- and as far as I know, there aren't any Disney movies that get jiggy with it. So I had to ask "Kevin- how does the Jiggy song go?" And he said.... "In the jiggy jiggy jiggy jiggy jiggy room. You know- where the birds sing at Disney World". Oi. So... I switched the CD over to "The Tiki Tiki Room" and proceeded to laugh my ass off thinking about Disney World having a Jiggy Room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home