Thursday, July 06, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SQUIRT!

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Yep. My baby's 6 today. He's an endless source of entertainment, and endless source of smiles and hugs, and makes me laugh. I swear, the kid's a little comedian. How could you not love a kid who wants a "whole stack o' crispy treats instead offa cake"?

When I was pregnant with him, I remember going to the mid-term sonogram. They asked if we wanted to know the sex, and we said yes. I was hoping for a girl. God... I wanted a girl so bad. When she said it was a boy, I broke down in tears. I tried SO hard not to cry- after all... I was pregnant with a perfectly healthy baby boy. I have such a close relationship with my Mom- we're like best friends. I wanted that with my daughter. Hearing that I was having another boy was not welcome news. And then the guilt set in.... oh man. THE GUILT. I loved that baby boy in my belly, but I felt SO bad about wanting a girl.

But you know what? God knows what we all need. I needed Kevin, just like I needed Thomas when he was born. I'll never have a daughter, but that's ok. I have exactly what I need, and exactly what I want- two lovely boys, whom I adore.

Happy Birthday, Kevin. I hope you have a wonderful day, topped off by a party at Chuck E. Cheese, and the Rice Crispy Treat "cake" pictured above.
I love you, little guy.

UPDATE: WOAH! Today is President Bush's 60th birthday. How cool is that? Thanks to DS for that bit o' trivia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home