Wednesday, June 15, 2005

OK.. this is just scary.

You all know that my family just got back from DisneyWorld, right? One of the rides my husband and oldest went on was called Mission: Space. The ride recreates a rocket launch and trip through space to Mars. There are warnings outside the ride, telling you that if you experience motion sickness, this probably isn't the ride for you. It also says you have to be 44 inches tall and should be in good health before boarding this ride. Thomas met those requirements, but let me tell you- they're not kidding about the motion sickness possibility. Both my husband and son felt ill, and both decided that ride pretty much sucked raw eggs.

On Monday, a 4 year old boy and his mother were on the ride. During the ride, the mother noticed the boy appeared "scared stiff" and took his hand. By the end of the ride, he was limp. By the time he got to the hospital, he was dead. The autopsy revealed nothing signifigant, and showed no signs of physical trauma. More tests are planned, but the results won't be known for weeks.

Park officials insist the ride is operating normally. I don't know about you, but NOTHING about that seems "normal" to me.

I think I'll go call the daycare and say hi to my son...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home