Monday, January 02, 2006

A dream is a wish

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you will lose your heartache
Whatever you wish for you keep

Have faith in your dreams
And someday, your rainbow will come shining through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you just keep believing
The dream that you wish will come true

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're feeling small.
Alone in the night you whisper
Think no one can hear at all.
You wake with morning sunlight to find fortune that smile on you.

Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow
For almost in tomorrow the dream you wish will come true.

The dream is a wish your heart makes
The dream is a wish your heart makes
You wake with the morning sunlight to find fortune that smile on you.
Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow
For almost in tomorrow the dream you wish will come true.
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you just keep believing
The dream that you wish will come true

If dreams can come true, and dreams are wishes, here's what I wish for all of you:
Health-
I hope you always have your health, so that you can be there to watch your children and grandchildren grow old. My Mom has Scleroderma, and every day is a gift. Even though her condition is under control, her arthritis gives her pain every day. EVERY day.

Happiness-
It will differ for each of you, for what makes one person happy may not make another person happy. I wish it was easier. I wish it was easier to attain happiness and recognize that each of us is in control of our own happiness. No one can *make* us happy. It's something you have to do for yourself. Again, however, I wish it was easier.

Love-
Love is always on the top of the list of things everyone wants... but not everyone attains true, unconditional love. Sometimes we fall in love, and then... as I did, 10 years down the line we find ourselves no longer in love and causing nothing but pain and heartache. I'm sorry, Bryan. My wish for all of you is that you find the love of your life, and you work at making sure that person is the right one to spend the rest of your life with.

Peace-
Not the "end-the-war-now" kind of peace- you should all know me better than that by now. I mean the kind of peace and harmony in your life that makes things run smoothly, with only a few ripples here and there. Look at a sleeping newborn baby: no worry lines on their foreheads, complete trust in those around them, and sweet dreams flowing through their little heads. That kind of peace. The kind of peace that "the perfect moment" brings. If you've experienced it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't... well, I hope you do soon. There's no feeling like it.

Trust-
I've learned a lot about trust over the past couple of years- good and bad. When I go to a restaurant, my server always starts out with a 20% tip- and works her way DOWN from there. Getting back up to 20% takes a LOT of work. Trust works the same way. It's something that I freely give at first- you have to work to lose it. Earning it back is a bitch. I hope you all have people in your lives you can trust completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home