Friday, May 19, 2006

Too close to home

When I pulled up my blog this morning to check for new comments, I saw there was a new one under my latest post. It's from my sister-in-law, Leann.

Thought you should know- The former Brookville police officer, Ron Zimmerman, killed in Afghanistan while training Afghani police- my cousin.

Shit.

I haven't talked to Leann yet- she's at work, and I don't know the number. But thanks to the internet, I've been able to find out a few details. Ron was a DynCorp contractor training the Afghanistan police recruits. He was actually killed a week ago, in the same wave of attacks that killed the female Canadian soldier, Capt. Nichola Goddard. Ron was killed in a suicide bomber attack in Herat, near the Iranian border. He had been there for less than 2 months. He leaves behind a wife and three children, aged 9, 12 and 15.

I'll post more once I talk to Leann and find out more.

Godspeed, Ron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home