Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Inner Geek

I MISSED MOST OF THE TONY AWARDS TONIGHT!
I AM SOOOOOO DISAPPOINTED.

But!
I just got to see David Hyde Pierce win his first Tony, for "Curtains"!!!! Way to go, Niles!!!

And I just found out that Usher is Ben Vereen's godson. WHO KNEW?

God, I love the theater. Really, really love it. I was heavily involved in high school theater- so much so that my Mom was surprised I didnt' pursue it in college. I did makeup, costumes, set design, props, and some acting- and loved every single minute. My best friends from high school were in theater. It's served me well- considering that I have no problem with public speaking, something that scares a lot of people.

ooooo... Best Musical... goes to..... "Spring Awakening". Well, shit. I was pulling for "Mary Poppins".

The last show I saw was "Spamalot", which was fantastic. Even if you're the one person in the country who doesn't like Monty Python (Hold on... gotta launch the Holy Hand Grenade at that person), you'll enjoy "Spamalot". I *highly* recommend it!
Other fav's include "Tommy", "Dreamgirls", "Wicked", "The Secret Garden", "Phantom of the Opera", "Lion King", "Seussical", and.. and... and... the list could go on and on. Next year I'm hoping to see "My Fair Lady" and/or "Camelot" in Cincinnati.

*sigh*
LOVE the theater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home