Friday, May 25, 2007

It's all about ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some people say that bloggers are narcissistic, and that may be true to an extent. We write as a way to release tension, frustrations, concerns, and report the occasional funny (like the BM post below). ALa tagged me with a "It's all about ME!" meme.... so here you go: 8 things you may not know about AFSister:

1. I HATE FISH... and I've come to the realization that it is impossible to go to a decent restaurant in Portland without finding Salmon as the "special of the day". That or halibut cheeks. WHO KNEW fish had CHEEKS to begin with? sheesh.

2. I have arthritis in the big toe on my left foot. Weird, eh? I blame the cat I tripped over, causing me to hyper-extend the toe.

3. I've been in Red Cross for 16 years now.

4. I've been in the investment industry since I turned 19.

5. I can't remember the last time I was in a car that had MANUAL LOCKS.. until today. No lie. I rented a car to get up to Olympia to have dinner with Barb and Bad Cat Robot, and the car was B.A.S.I.C. Holy cow. Manual locks on every door! I am so damn spoiled.

6. I find it nearly impossible to sleep on airplanes, no matter how tired I am.

7. I'm a terrible housekeeper; it will never be "Good Housekeeping" quality... but it will ALWAYS be a loving home, and open to anyone who can walk through the door without snubbing their nose at me and my family.

8. I did something really stupid last week- I forgot my ex's birthday... didn't even have the kids so much as call him. I'm pretty sure I shrunk down to about 2 1/2 inches tall when I realized my mistake yesterday. I'm groveling. Yes, he's my EX... but as the mother of his young children, it's my responsibility to make sure the boys celebrate their father's birthday until they're old enough to do it on their own. Suggestions anyone? How can I make this up to him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home