Thursday, October 18, 2007

Firepower Upward

It's not often that I find myself speechless. Sometimes I don't have a lot to say; sometimes I have a lot to say but can't figure out how to put it in words. This is one of those times.


I clicked over to Blackfive tonight for my usual Matty-fix, and broke out in tears when I saw this headline: LTC Brian Delaplane- Never Forgotten.

I'll miss you, BD.
I'll miss your honesty.
I'll miss your bright, smiling face.
I'll miss your enthusiasm.
I'll miss your passion.
I'll miss your writing.
I'll miss so much, BD. So much.

LTC Brian Delaplane.... author of two blogs (Firepower Forward and Red Storm Rising)... husband, father, step-father... died after suffering a pulmonary embolism on Oct. 9. BD was the first "stranger" who blogrolled me. Until him, I was only rolled by people I knew. I still don't know exactly how he found me, but I'm proud he did. I've been reading his blogs for years, and celebrated when he was selected as a featured blogger in Matt's "Blog of War" compilation. He was a passionate, and compassionate, man.

He'll be buried in Colorado Springs tomorrow, 10/19. If I could, I'd be there. Since I can't be there, I'll mourn here. I'll cry, and I'll remember his service to both his family and his country.

I can't believe he's gone. I just can't believe it. This is more proof that death does not discriminate.

Rest in peace, BD. I will never forget- and I'm not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home