Saturday, October 27, 2007

I CAN'T DRIVE... 55


BUT.... I can drive 140!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOLY CRAP.
I still can't believe it. I drove 140mph today!!!

I turned *hack cough* FORTY last month, and to celebrate, Keith got me the most AMAZING birthday present ever. Listen Up. When your sweetie says something like "WOW.. I'd love to drive a real race care some day".... CONTACT RICHARD PETTY DRIVING EXPERIENCE IMMEDIATELY. You, and your sweetie, will NOT be disappointed!

After an hour's worth of safety instruction and a group ride around the track, going over driving lines and track specifics, I got to drive a REAL race car. Ironically... I drove the #40 car. Remember- this was a gift for my 40th birthday. HOW COOL IS THAT?

The top speed possible for the course was 140mph- if you can handle it. You follow a professional driver around the track, and as long as you can keep up... they speed up, until you get to 140. Out of the 32 in my class, only about 4 of us made it to 140- and I'm one!!! WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO
When I got out of the car, one of the guys said "Wow- good job! You did better than most of the guys!", and my training driver gave me a "thumbs up" sign as we headed into the pits. UNREAL.

I was surprised at how much the car pulled around the track- you really have to muscle the steering wheel at times. I still can't believe I drove that fast, less than a car's width from the wall between turns 2 and 3. I just can't believe it.

My Dad was a driver- he used to drag race our family car. I guess you could say I grew up on tracks, but this is my first time driving. It was INCREDIBLE. I'm running out of words to describe it, lol.. so I'll just post a few more pictures and call it a day- one HELL of a FANTASTIC day!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home