Thursday, January 31, 2008

Things I don't understand

1. WHY DO OUR CRITTERS KEEP DYING??????!!!!!! When I was a kid, I had hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs, goldfish and even hermit crabs. They NEVER DIED within a month of getting them! NEVER. But for some reason, as a 40 year old adult, I can't seem to keep the little critters alive for more than 4 weeks at a time. My oldest had a hamster that died within two weeks back in December. Got a new one, who as of 30 minutes ago, is still alive. I also bought a guinea pig for my youngest a week after getting the new hamster. Here we are, about 3 weeks later, and the piggie is dead. I am SO upset. I really liked the little guy! He was SO damn cute, and fun to play with. I was just telling Keith that he was "laughing" the other day. No lie- I was scratching his ribcage and he let out this little "hehehe" and his back leg raised up like a dog's leg does when you tickle their ribs. Absolutely adorable. He had food, water, grass, bedding, toys, a bed, and he was very much alive when I left for work this morning- I pet him right before I left so I know he was alive. Tonight, he's very much dead. I don't get it. I just don't.... WHY is this happening? Ideas?? Seriously. I do NOT want to kill off another pet anytime soon.

2. What would drive a 40-year-old man to rape AND impregnate his girlfriend's 10 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!?!?!??!!!??????? Holy shit. Thomas is 10. I can't imagine any of the girls in his class giving birth. First of all, it never crossed my mind that a 10 year old could be fertile, or have a mature enough body to carry a baby full-term much less go through childbirth. What is it with grown men (and women) who insist on raping young children?
That's something I don't understand, will never understand, and God willing... will never have to deal with on a personal level. I don't know what I'd do to anyone who molested or otherwise abused my boys.

3. Why would Berkeley, California find it lawful and reasonable to not only allow protests in front of the Marine recruiting offices, but ENCOURAGE IT? They even gave the protestors a protected parking spot in front of the recruiter's office and went so far as to call our Marines "uninvited and unwelcome intruders in the city."

Uninvited, and unwelcome intruders. OUR OWN MILITARY????? Please. Berkeley. Do us all a favor and declare yourself a sovereign nation. See you you like it being on your own, with out any "uninvited and unwelcome intruders" when you need help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home