Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Me holding Kevin's tiny foot, when he was only a couple of weeks old.

sigh....
My "baby" is 5. FIVE!!!!! I can't believe it.
Hosting provided by FotoTime
Kevin at 2 months

Five years and two days ago my Dad was lamenting the fact that his new grandson wasn't going to share a birthday with him. You see, my oldest was born on my husband's father's birthday, so naturally, my Dad wanted the same honor when the second was born. It just wasn't meant to be. Try as I might... he just wouldn't come out. *Stubborn little bugger takes after his Mom*

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Kevin this past spring, playing Soldier in the backyard.


So... when I went to the doctor on the 5th, she said "You have GOT to have this baby. It's time." I was like "HELL YES IT'S TIME!" I went into labor two weeks before he was actually born, and my body just stopped the labor after 8 hours or so. DAMNIT! So rude. So when she said it was "time"... I couldn't have agreed more. I was scheduled to be induced the next day around 5pm.

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Kevin at age 4, showing off his karate kick

So, on the 6th of July, 2000, I got up, and did what any other normal woman would do... I WENT SHOPPING! YAY! Because I knew that I wouldn't be able to for a while without taking a newborn with me, I got a lot of errands done that morning. Funny what a little thing like labor will motivate you to do.

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Kevin's formal 4 year old picture

Around 5pm, I was admitted to the hospital, and around 11:30pm... I was once again a new Mother. Welcome to the world, Kevin Alexander! He made a grand entrance. How could he not? He was "only" 10 pounds, 3 ounces.... *wince* How did THAT happen? The ultrasound the week prior estimated his weight at only 7 pounds! (yeah, right... I'll show you 7 pounds!) I couldn't walk without pain for two months- no kidding. He was so big they had to give me size 1 diapers in the hospital instead of the cute little newborn ones. He was so big, he only wore his newborn outfits ONCE before he outgrew them all.

Did I mention he was big?

Anyway.... Happy birthday, my sweet baby boy. We love you so much!

Hosting provided by FotoTime
Taken this morning, as he was opening his birthday presents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home