Monday, January 23, 2006

Kevinisms

There ought to be a word that describes the incredibly funny things my son says and does... so I just invented one. Kevinisms. I know... it's not terribly creative, but it works!

Some recent examples of "Kevinisms":

I was in the shower the other day when I heard the boys fighting outside the door. Then Kevin started crying in that "YOU JUST HURT ME!!!!!!!!!" way, and came busting through the door. He's 5. He notices things about bodies. I don't normally let him see me nekkid, but he was obviously in pain, so I let him stay. I turned off the water and started drying off. I asked him what happened, and, through his tears, he said "Thomas kicked me in the knee!" So I asked him why. "NO REASON!" I asked him what he said to Thomas just prior to the kicking "NOTHING!". "Well, what were you two doing?" "NOTHING!"
OK... "Kevin, Thomas wouldn't just come up and kick you out of the blue- something mu" (interupted) "MOMMY!!!! He didn't kick me in my blue- he kicked me IN THE KNEE!"

(thank GOD I had the towel around my head to conceal my grin and subsequent laughter. I still don't know where his "blue" is... and I'm pretty sure I don't want to know)

And then there's this one:
"Mommy- did you know that ever (yes, "ever"... not "every") time you go to JAIL, you meet God and Jesus?"

"No, Kevin.. I was not aware of that, and I'm not so sure that's true"

"OH!!! Wait!!! Ever time you go to *HEAVEN* you meet God and Jesus- not *jail*"

(eyebrow raising... alrighty then...I wonder why he's associating "jail" with "heaven" these days...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home