Thursday, June 08, 2006

Stuff floating around in my head

And no, this time I'm not talking about rocks. There's just SO much going on out there I haven't commented on, so.. it's time.

1. ABU MUSAB AL-ZARQAWI IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot begin to express my happiness over this! Morbid as it may seem, I'm doin' a happy chair dance, singing "Ding Dong, the witch is DEAD" in my head. (You'll thank me for that image later today when you need a laugh... and my co-workers are thanking me for singing in my head instead of out loud since I can't sing for shit)

To quote President Bush: "Zarqawi was the operational command of the terrorist movement in Iraq. He led a campaign of car bombings, assassinations and suicide attacks that has taken the lives of many American forces and thousands of innocent Iraqis...Through his every action, he sought to defeat America and our coalition partners and turn Iraq into a safe haven from which Al Qaeda could wage its war on free nations...Now Zarqawi has met his end and this violent man will never murder again."

Other than the fact that this murdering asswipe is dead, I absolutely LOVE the fact that IRAQI forces were first on the scene following the attack, and that the IRAQI press release went out first. Coalition forces were backup/cleanup, and their press release went out after Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki made the announcement to the world in a press conference on Thursday.

Rumsfeld, attending a NATO press conference in Brussels, added that "No single person on this planet has had the blood of more innocent men, women and children than Abu Musab al-Zarqawi."

DAMN STRAIGHT.

2. El-T Coward
Some people are calling Lt. Ehren Watada "courageous" for standing up for his beliefs. I call him a COWARD.

He joined the Army in 2003, well into the GWOT, and now that he's slated to be deployed, all of a sudden he's taking a "moral" stance against the war in Iraq? BULLFUCKINGSHIT.

In a statement released yesterday, Lt. Jumping Ship said "It is my duty as a commissioned officer of the United States Army to speak out against grave injustices. My moral and legal obligation is to the Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders. I stand before you today because it is my job to serve and protect those soldiers, the American people, and innocent Iraqis with no voice.
It is my conclusion as an officer of the Armed Forces that the war in Iraq is not only morally wrong but a horrible breach of American law. Although I have tried to resign out of protest, I am forced to participate in a war that is manifestly illegal. As the order to take part in an illegal act is ultimately unlawful as well, I must as an officer of honor and integrity refuse that order."

Um. Ok. You wanna know what I got out of all of that?
"I'm a chickenshit officer of the US Army, afraid to uphold my oath, and therefore, willing to go to jail rather than go to war."

See ya... wouldn't wanna be ya. I'm sure you'll find Leavenworth a lovely place to spend the next 20 years or more.

3. Haditha
Let the Marine Corps figure this out in court, OK? I'm sick and tired of people like EX-Marine John Murth accusing these men of the "cold-blooded murder of innocent Iraqi's". We don't know what happened, or why the Marines targeted that house... YET. We don't know if anyone in the house knew about, or possibly planted, the IED that killed one and injured another Marine earlier that day... YET. We don't know if our guys flipped out in anger and just killed everyone in sight in that house...YET.

The only things we DO know are that:
1. 2 Marines were injured in an IED blast, and one died of his wounds.
2. The Marines retaliated by going into Haditha to capture those responsible for the IED.
3. People died.

It would also appear that a coverup at some level took place, because those people didn't die as a result of a car bomb as originally reported, but I don't know how far up the ladder that went. I am FAR from convicting any of these men of murder. FAR from it. Lots of questions need to be answered before I could make that statement, or even agree upon what was covered up, why, and who knew about the coverup.

4. We need something fun to do around here! So much seriousness, eh? It's bad for the soul. LIGHTEN UP, FRANCIS.. and take this quiz:







Strength
You scored 47 change, 62 wellbeing, 52 wisdom, and 57 truth


The Strength cards represents the control over material forces. The lion is a symbol of the fire within or the kundalini force that sits coiled within us at the base of the spine. The woman is symbolic of the subconscious, which controls vital functions without the need of conscious thought. She controls the lion with a gentle spiritual touch rather than from brute force. This card falls under the vibration of the number 8.

some extra words:

showing strength
knowing you can endure
having a gallant spirit
feeling an unshakable resolve
taking heart despite setbacks
having stamina
being a rock
being patient
dealing calmly with frustration
accepting others
taking time
maintaining composure
refusing to get angry
showing forbearance

being compassionate
giving others lots of space
tolerating
understanding what others are feeling
accepting
forgiving imperfection
being kind

achieving soft control
persuading
working with
guiding indirectly
being able to influence
tempering force with benevolence
demonstrating the strength of love
Link: The What tarot card resembles you Test written by KamikazeParrot on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the 32-Type Dating Test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home