Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm not serving you

If you know anything about horse racing, you know the Kentucky Derby was last weekend. This event draws spectators from all over the world, including Queen Elizabeth (who visited the WWII Memorial in DC on Tuesday, honoring US Veterans). Street Sense won this year, by the way, with Hard Spun in second and Curlin in third. Odd names. But I digress.

"I'm not serving you" is what restauranteur Jeff Ruby told OJ Simpson last Friday in Louisville, prior to the Derby race. Simpson sat down at a table, waiting for a group of a dozen friends, when Ruby walked up to him and said, "I'm not serving you". After a few minutes, OJ shook Jeff's hand, and left without further incident. Ruby used to have a picture of himself with OJ in his restaurant in Cincinnati, which was removed just after the killings as a testiment to Ruby's distaste for serving suspected murderers.

OJ's lawyer, who may sue, has been quoted as saying "He screwed with the wrong guy, he really did." I don't think so. I really don't. ANY business owner has the right to refuse service, as long as it's not based upon a race, religion or country of origin. Refusing service because you're a dickhead doesn't count, since the last time I checked, ASSHAT wasn't a nation, a race, or a religion. Minutes after OJ & Friends left, basketball star Michael Jordan was seated, as was "The View" host, Star Jones. Clearly, this was not a case of racial discrimination. Ruby simply didn't want to "serve murderers", adding that if Robert Blake walked in, he'd refuse to serve him too.

Ruby further stated "It was the first time since 1994 he has ever shown any class. He showed it that night in the restaurant" by leaving quietly. I whole-heartedly agree. The pain OJ has cause the Brown and Goldman families, and his own children, is just unimaginable to me. He disgusts me, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. It has EVERYTHING to do with his actions, lack of compassion, that sick-ass "If I Had Done It" book, and, in my mind, being guilty of committing a double murder.


HOO-FUCKIN-RAH, MR. RUBY! YOU ROCK!!!
Lead by example, Jeff... I just hope others follow your lead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home