Sunday, May 29, 2005

The people shall rise up and call them Blessid




Blessid Union of Souls, that is.... They SOOOOO ROCK!

Last night I went to dinner with my friend Karen, and then we went to the Taste. Taste of Cincinnati, that is. A HOOOOOOOOOOGE food-fest and concert venue. They close down the streets in downtown for Memorial Day weekend and have this huge festival. I haven't been in years.... it seems to rain here a lot over Memorial Day weekend, plus it's pretty expensive. Oh, but the food... and the entertainment.. SO GOOD!

Last night's headliner was Blessid Union of Souls, a Cinci band that made the big time. They frikkin' ROCKED. They played selections from their new CD, Perception, and some of their big hits, like "I Believe" and "Let Me Be The One", and "Hey Leonardo" (better known as "She likes me for me") ( love those songs... oh man.. so GOOD. We had a blast- dancing, singing and drinking in the streets.

And we had a little food too- incredible fried green tomatoes from Mike Fink's (an Award of Merit winner), and a Cincinnati classic- sauerkraut balls- from Black Forest. I didn't get to sample the Best Damn Dish, a Thai dish called Tom Kha Gai. I was Too Damn Full by the time we found their stand because we actually ate dinner before we went down there, because it's Too Damn Expensive to eat dinner at The Taste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home