Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My own personal Jesus

I love the song "Personal Jesus", but that phrase takes on a whole new meaning tonight as I watch Kevin portray Jesus in his school's Christmas play. He's taking it VERY seriously. When I took him to the fabric store to buy the fabric for the costume, he went around the whole store announcing "I'm JESUS!" And as soon as I got the fabric cut, he asked me if he could wear the costume home. I told him that I had to MAKE it first. He put his hands on his hips, looked me square in the eye with that "DUH" look on his face, and said "Well, Mommy... maybe NEXT TIME you'll bring your sewing machine to the store with you!"

I swear... that kid is going to be a comedian when he grows up.

He loves his costume. I finished it on Thanksgiving Day just in time for him to wear it to my Mom's house for dinner. Yep. Jesus came to dinner with us on Thanksgiving. He also went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse the day after Thanksgiving. I was soooo tempted to say things like "Jesus Christ... eat your dinner" and "Jesus- stop talking". LOL!!! You should have the whispers as we walked by people in the restaurant... "hey look... that little boy is wearing a DRESS!" It was pretty darn funny.

But look how cute he is!!!
Hosting provided by FotoTime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home