Thursday, October 16, 2008

PFFFFFT

Tonight, as I was putting Kevin in bed, we started talking about forest fires. He was appalled that our local fire department doesn't have fire jumpers, nor do they fight forest fires on a regular basis. What a bunch of slackers, eh?

So while we were on the subject of forest fires, I asked him if he had heard about the fires currently burning in California. He said that he had.

I told him that I knew how one of the fires started. He said, "You do? How?"

I said "A squirrel started it."

He said "What? Did he fart or something??"

Oh.
My.
GOD......

(A squirrel really did start one of the fires- he fried himself on electrical wires and then fell onto the ground, lighting the dry grass on fire around his charred little body.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home