Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Words fail me.

We're SELLING OUR PORTS?
TO THE UAE?

WTF?

*stunned*

How could this possibly be in our best interest? We're actually turning over control of 6 of our busiest commercial ports to Dubai Ports World- including New York Harbor. Stupid, asshat moves like this will encourage and allow future terrorist attacks. This is disgusting. I cannot believe this is happening!

UPDATE****
I like the convo going on at Rotti's place about this. It's civil, and presents a lot of info on both sides of the issue. Even though the Longshoreman will still be working the docks, and the USCG will be guarding the waters, I worry about what will happen when we relax. I worry about what kind of control an Arab country will have over something as important as our ports. It's not just all about who's signing the checks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home