Monday, February 26, 2007

I'M ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks to Tater for asking... all the rest of ya'll just don't care... *sniff* Yes, I'm still here, and yes, I'm still a blogger... just not a very active one right now because, well, LIFE HAPPENS, DAMMIT!

When I wrote my last post on 2/13, we were in the middle of an ice storm that knocked down gi-normous branches from my trees (30-40 feet long), and eventually knocked out the power too. Did I mention that it was an ICE STORM!?!??! translation: the house was cold as penguin's feet for a couple of days. The ice stuck around for a LONG time- it didn't melt off of the trees until Sunday- 5 days after the storm. I have to admit though, it wasn't all bad. It was beautiful- like a crystal forest. Everything glistened like diamonds for almost a week. It really was gorgeous. Deadly, but gorgeous. A little girl was killed when an ice-covered branch broke off of a tree and hit her. It was incredibly sad. The kid's schools didn't even have power, so they were off school for a whole week.

I started a new job on the 20th which, like most employers these days, don't like you playing on the internet at work. DAMN THEM. *sigh* Work is always getting in the way, ya know? BUT! I've been interviewing for this job for months, and I really like it so far. I'm back in the 401k plan administration business! YIPPPEEE!

The new job will require me to drive a lot, so I needed to get a more dependable car. Mine isn't that old, but had 116,000 miles on it. So, I traded it in on a new car. I figure with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, all major repairs will be totally covered by the time I run it into the ground.

I decided to do something fun and unusual with the boys this weekend- a charity basketball game between the Cincinnati Bengals and Cincinnati Reds! It was cool to see some of the "classics" out there- James Brooks, Icky Woods, and Tom Browning, to name a few. I even "took one for the team", and stood in line with the boys to get a Ben-Gals calendar autographed by the girls. Thomas was SO damn funny about it- he hardly put it down to watch the basketball game. Yep. He's a boy. Actually, he's a little man, with fuzzy man-hair legs and even a little dark peach fuzz on his upper lip. When did my baby grow up?

When we got back from the game though, the house was FREEZING.
The furnace was broken. It's an odd manufacturer (Winchester. Other than the rifles, I've never heard of them before), and it took a day to get the part. I got a quote on a new system (I have propane heat now, which is running me a BUTTLOAD in gas over the winter). The quote came in at *drumroll please* $6400.00. HOLY MOLY. Guess I'd better start saving my money, eh? Needless to say, I paid the $250 to have the old one repaired for now. The kids were all happy though, because they got to spend the night in a hotel last night- with a pool. I was just happy it had heat.

I do have more to say, but this is it for the "where in the F&CK have you been" update.


Post a Comment

<< Home