Burqa, Burqa, Mohammed, Jihad.....
KABUL, Afghanistan — Afghan soldiers caught a senior Taliban commander at a checkpoint who was wearing a burqa, while NATO forces on Wednesday fought Taliban militants in the second day of the alliance's largest-ever offensive in Afghanistan.
Mullah Mahmood, who is accused of helping the Taliban detonate suicide bombs, was caught Tuesday in Kandahar province while wearing the all-encompassing Islamic veil worn here by women, NATO said.
"Alert (Afghan) soldiers at this checkpoint spotted the oddity and quickly arrested him," NATO said.
This shows me that:
* The Afghan Army is committed to ridding their country of the Taliban
* Training led by US CJTF members is working
* There's a good reason we don't allow burqa-clad people to escape scrutiny
* Taliban extremist are being reduced to pussified terrorists, dressed in women's clothing, fleeing the country they are trying to take over
* Middle Eastern countries are more than capable of taking care of themselves, given the right training, equipment, and reinforcements
It also shows me that, as Americans, we have a LOT to be proud of when referring to the job our military is doing in the Middle East. Give a man a fish, and he'll eat. Teach a man to fish, and he'll never go hungry. Same principle applies here- Rid a country of terrorists, and the citizens can rest easy. Teach a country to defend itself against terrorists, and the citizens never go without a good night's sleep again.