Wednesday, December 14, 2005

All I want for Christmas...

Well, it's not my two front teeth.
Trek wants to know what my 5 favorite Christmas songs are.
Here you go!

1. All I want for Christmas, is you.
2. Silent Night
3. Wizards in Winter
4. Sleigh Ride
5. Away in a Manger

There you have it. Some secular; some not. But I do love those songs. As a matter of fact, I sing "Silent Night" to my kids all year 'round as a bedtime song. I have a terrible singing voice, but they don't seem to mind. They ask to hear "Jesus loves me", "You are my sunshine", "Jesus loves the little children", "The itsy-bitsy spider", "Amazing Grace", "Take me out to the ballgame", "Twinkle, twinkle, little star", and "Mary had a little lamb".

For some reason the songs calm them, so I'm more than happy to fulfill those requests. When I was a child, my Grandma used to sing "You are my sunshine" to me. I can still hear her voice singing it. She didn't have a beautiful voice, actually, it was quite scratchy, but I loved it. As I've gotten older, the songs that calm me have changed, but "You are my sunshine" is still one of them.

I wonder if the songs I sing to my boys will have that affect on them as adults.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home