Thursday, December 15, 2005

A different kind of sitemeter hit

I love looking at my sitemeter history. Sometimes I can tell who has been here because I recognize your locations. It amuses me to no end to see what kind of word searches get people to my site. I've posted some of the funny ones before, like "painful butt zits" and "i'm my sister's wet nappy slave".

This time I'm posting a serious one. Someone got to my site using the following search:
"my dad died saving lives as a firefighter...i lost my father and i miss him...why am i angry about my loss?"

It was a Pac Bell user on Saturday night, Dec. 10, around 11:30pm. For some reason, my site came up as the #1 hit using Google for this search.

It made me wish I knew who that person was. I wish I could get them back, and offer my condolences. I wish I could offer some kind words and direct this person to some of the military sites ran by family members of fallen soldiers. I wish I could thank them for their father's service. I wish I could tell them that their anger is a normal part of the grieving process. I wish... I wish... I wish...

Whoever you are, I hope you find some comfort soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home